Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

How do I disenroll from medicare part A

Customer Question

how do I disenroll from medicare part A
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unenrolling out of Medicare Part A would render you ineligible to collect Social Security and if you’ve already started collecting Social Security, you would be responsible for refunding all the money you received.

You may want to read the information in the following link:

http://www.dummies.com/personal-finance/insurance/health-insurance/how-to-opt-out-of-or-disenroll-from-medicare-part-a/

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you but my question is HOW to disenroll in order to participate in my employer's health plan using an HSA. I don't want Part A and don't want the benefit because my accredited employee health care plan will cover me. I only enrolled at age 65 because I thought I had to do so. I am 66 and will be working for much longer.
Expert:  Barbara replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I just wanted to make sure you understood the ramifications of unenrolling.

I'll provide the appropriate form in a few moments.

Expert:  Barbara replied 9 months ago.

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms/images/Other/G-CMS-1763.pdf

Mail or take the completed form to your local Social Security office.

Expert:  Barbara replied 9 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb