How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2015 I won a large sum gambling and reported it on my tax

Customer Question

In 2015 I won a large sum gambling and reported it on my tax return. I just got notice from S.S. that my 2017 benefits are being reduced based on my increased income.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: First question. Is this reduction permanent? Two. do I need to contest this change? My income has not gone up and this change will hurtbecause the winfall is gone.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: We have no other income except S.S. and some savings
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.

1) Can you specifically tell me how the SSA letter states your SS benefits are being reduced?

2) How old are you?

3) What kind of Ss benefit are you getting and how much is the gross amount?