How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to set an appointment with my local SS office in

Customer Question

I'm trying to set an appointment with my local SS office in Bloomington, MN.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I applied for disability; but when I turned 65 they automatically put me on social security. I have primary progressive multiple sclerosis. I have no other income in 2016 and they have reduced my benefit for 2017 based upon my 2015 tax statement.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't think so. I have exhausted my savings and need to get the most benefits I can.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Social security does not transition you to retirement from SSDI until you reach full retirement age of 66. You can demand to be switched, but they won't do it on their own until you reach 66.

What do you mean that based on your 2015 tax statement, they are reducing your benefits? Did you have income in 2015 aside from your SSDI benefits?


Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.


I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.