How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 12489
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have misplaced my red,, blue card that I have used to

Customer Question

I have misplaced my red, white, blue card that I have used to support my medicare qualifications with doctors.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I simply wanted to report loss/misplacement of a card with my name and ss#. Afraid of it's use by someone else. ID theft perhaps.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I'm not sure. That is why I've enquired.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane. I can help you here.


(just to be sure you understand, Your are not talking directly to Social Security/Medicare here) This is ... a web site that puts users with questions together with with experts in subject areas such as social security law, tax law, finance and others.


If your red, white, and blue Original Medicare card has been lost or stolen, or you can no longer use it because it is too faded or damaged, you can replace it by calling the National Social Security Hotline at(###) ###-####


You can also apply for a new card online or


go to your local Social Security office.


To get a new card, you will need to provide your

  • name as it appears on your most recent Social Security card;
  • Social Security number; and
  • date of birth.