Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

My sister is trying to plan ahead before her death, she

Customer Question

my sister is trying to plan ahead before her death, she asked me if she passes before the 15th of the month will she be paid for the whole month?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I don't know how much more I can tell you she has terminal liver cancer and they don't know when she will pass
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane ... I can help here.

...

The answer to that question is (kind of) yes, and no.

...

Since benefits are paid a month behind (e.g. the benefit for January is paid in February), any payment received during the month of death is payable and does not have to be returned.

Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

Please Let me know if you have ANY questions, before rating me.

But if this HAS helped, and you don’t have more questions on this, … I would appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I won’t be compensated for the work here.

Thank you!

Lane