How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19624
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband, **** *. *******, died on 11/22/16. His social

Customer Question

My husband, **** *. *******, died on 11/22/16.
His social security number is ***-**-****.
What steps do I have to take from here? I also received social security. My name is **** *. ********, Social Security No. ***-**-****.
He will be buried at Ft. Snelling on Wednesday this week. Nepture Society was going to contact you on my behalf.
Thank you.
**** *. ********
or phones: (Hm) (###) ###-####
(cell) (###) ###-####
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello Donna: My deepest sympathies for your loss.

This site is not affiliated with Social Security Administration. However, what you need to do is to contact Social Security Administration and report the death and also apply for survivor benefits. Click here for the contact information. You would also be eligible for lump sum payment of $255.00. Click here for more information.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I thought that this was Social Security's site. I do wish to hire you. If I need a lawyer, I have one whom I can contact. Please close out my membership. I got on this site by mistake.
**** *. ********
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Okay. I will ask that your membership be cancelled and this post closed.

Unfortunately, I cannot represent you outside of this forum.

Take care,