LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I am the power of attorney for my brother Epley and I am

Customer Question

My name is***** and I am the power of attorney for my brother Robert Epley and I am trying to get his direct payments changed to different address and account number since he can not handle this anymore himself.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What other info do you need. My ssn is###-##-####and Robert's ssn is###-##-#### What other info do you need?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Well I am trying to change the bank to which his direct payment is to be made to.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Leo,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Social security does not recognize a Power of Attorney. They will only take direction from you if you apply for and become the representative payee of your brother. You can apply to become the representative payee by completing the following form and getting it into socials security: http://www.ssdfacts.com/forms/SSA-11-BK.pdf

Once you have been approved, you will be allowed to make changes to where the payment is deposited.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Hi Leo,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. You can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug