How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13521
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a payee for my daughhters ss check for her widow

Customer Question

I am a payee for my daughhters ss check for her widow benifit,she was supossed to ghet a check for this on date 11-1602016 byt she never reeived it nor did I,can you tell me where the check is?.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I was told the check was sent to the new haven office,I went up there as I was told the check was there and I needed to go with proper ID to pick up the check.I had to do this twice before and got the check but this time I was told the check was not thereWhere do I go from here.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.

You need to ask the SSA to reissue that payment. I would put into writing, what has transpired, and mail it certified RRR to the SSA manager. Keep copies of that letter and proof of the SSA's receipt of same. I'd fax it to your local SSA office every 3rd day until I got resolution or at least word. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the oil. However, you will also want to stop asking for paper checks and either get a safe bank account for the moneys to go into or, if credit is bad, ask for a SS debit card. That way you don't have to worry about lost checks, which can also be the fault of the USPS.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Related Social Security Questions