How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4678
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a duplicate of my 2015 1099 earning from SS so

Customer Question

How can I get a duplicate of my 2015 1099 earning from SS so that I can do my taxes? I lost the original in my move.
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have had trouble getting on the web site. If I give you my SS number and mailing address could you send me a duplicate 1099?
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No. I retired June 30, 2015. My check has been around $1533.00 each month, but my tax adviser told me to get a duplicate before he can file.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 11 months ago.
Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. I'll assist.
Expert:  PDtax replied 11 months ago.

From SSA:

"Ifyou currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, we have a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:

Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

Calling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or

Contacting your local Social Security office." is the link to set up or access "my social security account".

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated to rate my assistance. I'm PDtax.