How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ABC Accounting Group Your Own Question
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 708
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
ABC Accounting Group is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Why am I ineligible to collect any part of my husband's

Customer Question

Why am I ineligible to collect any part of my husband's income since his death? His total income came from social security.
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I worked for Cook County for 14 years before retirement. For roughly 40 plus years before my County job, I paid social security yet only receive $299 per month.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: Who is the Retirement Expert?
JA: We find the retirement accountant who is best qualified to answer your question and available soon.
Customer: So do I have to do anything else and/or do I just need to wait until you find an expert?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Sorry to hear of your loos. Yes - you could receive survivors benefits through social security.

Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.