How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19492
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was a notch victim,I only receive $863.dollars a

Customer Question

my husband was a notch victim,I only receive $863.dollars a month why can't I get a larger amount each month,my husband paid ss just like he was suppose to. JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best. Customer: what do you need to know? JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know? Customer: my husbands name was Robert *****************born September ******,I don't have his social #right here but I can get # is *********

Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, you are receiving the correct benefits that you are entitled to receive under your husband's earnings. Regrettably, you would not be entitled to more benefits because of "notch." The error Social Security Administration made with the "notch victims" has been long rectified by subsequent laws. For more information, click here.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.