How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask keeperumiami Your Own Question
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 7153
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
keeperumiami is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am retired and recieving a monthly. SS check directly

Customer Question

I am retired and recieving a monthly. SS check directly deposited into my bank acct. Can I put my wife or daughter on the direct deposit acct where the monthly benefit check is sent so they also would have access to the funds being deposited
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 10 months ago.

Yes you may absolutely do that. You would simply make that arrangement at your bank.

You could either add them as joint owners or as authorized signatories on the account. Some banks only permit the latter if you have a commercial account. If that is the case, they would have to be joint owners on your existing personal account.

Steve G.