How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Security to my ex husband's. I have been getting his since I

Customer Question

security to my ex husband's. I have been getting his since I began collecting social security at age 66. I one day made the foolish mistake of asking to get my own, changed my mind within two days and filled out a statement at the local office requesting to return to my ex's social security until I turn 70 in March. Can you help please? I do not want the money (over $5,000 overpayment since August) I will be taxed on that amount. Bonnie Matheson
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of how do I get their help?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Sorry to hear. I would call Social Security or go to their local office:

# is(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 8 months ago.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.