How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 12481
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need forms for myself, my wife and my son change of direct

Customer Question

I need forms for myself, my wife and my son change of direct deposit account with the same bank due to my current account being hacked.
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What do you want to know?
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: That's it for now.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

Hi ... you can create a my Social Security account and start or change Direct Deposit online. You also can sign up at your bank, credit union, or savings and loan.


Or call Social Security at 1-***-***-****


SSA no longer publishes a paper form to do this. So sorry.


In my experience, simply going into the bank or credit union is the quickest and most dependable way to get this done.


They have the forms that you can sign and then submit electronicallly FOR you.


Here's the site for setting up and logging in to your SSA account.


Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

Please Let me know if you have ANY questions, before rating me.

But if this HAS helped, and you don’t have more questions on this, I’d appreciate a positive rating (by using those stars on your screen, and clicking submit)

Thank you,


I have a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with electives in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986