How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to know if I am eligible for part of my ex-husband's

Customer Question

I want to know if I am eligible for part of my ex-husband's SS
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was married for 13 years, then my husband left us, that was in 1873. I am now 91 years old and very short on money.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: I worked for many years after the divorce, and when I retired in 1993 I received my SS just for what I earned, no one told me I was entired to more.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is your ex still living?

2. Are you presently married?