Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I hope so. I am 41 and I am on SSI. I have MS among other

Customer Question
health issues. I was told...
I hope so. I am 41 and I am on SSI. I have MS among other health issues. I was told that Because I am completely disabled, I would qualify for SSDI along with getting under my dad's SS and can use his health benefits also. If so how would I go about getting this to happen. My father is my caregiver and he can't get paid since I get $1,612 so I don't qualify for medical.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. The retirement accountant's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: What type of fee are we talking about? are you saying that if I am to pay someone then I have a better chance of getting SSDI as well as getting on under my fathers SS and insurance. I can't afford to spend money on hiring someone if there is no chance.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the retirement accountant. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. No. I'm the retirement accountant's Assistant. Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Like what should they be aware of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
11/15/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Have you been disabled since before age 22?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't talk I lost my voice about 2weeks ago. Should I just wsit until it gets better

Thanks for the clarification. You are getting bad information about social security benefits from someone. Under these circumstances you will not be eligible to make a claim for SSDI benefits under your father's record. If you have worked at least 5 of the past 10 years earning income and social security credits, you would qualify for SSDI based on your own record. But if you have not worked those 5 of the past 10 years then there is no way that you will qualify for SSDI benefits of any kind, now or in the future.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was working at Technicolor film labs untill 2009. So I am receiving SSI, but I wasn't told that then I was eligible for ssdi as well.so I am trying to collect ssdi.

When were you FIRST determined to be disabled?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will have to check the exact date, due to the MS I have memory issues. So I will get back to you

Will that be today?

What if I ask how long you have been receiving SSI?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
unless, something comes up nbut I am going to look for the paperwork now, it might take a while we are in the mist of packing to move

Alright.

LawTalk, Attorney