How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother is an undocumented person who has payed into

Customer Question

my mother is an undocumented person who has payed into social security and medicare for forty + years and is still paying. She is 66yrs and is getting down due to arthritis in her knees. She is afraid that she will not be able to get her ss benefit. It not like she is expecting something for nothing. Its like I have said before, my mother has paid for 40 + yrs. Please tell us if there is anything that we can do.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: She has other illnesses besides arthritis, she has high blood pressure and is a diabetic and has not seen a doctor in years. I would just like to know if she is allowed to file for and receive the benefits that she is entitled to since she has paid all these years.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that your mother has never legally been eligible to work in the US because she is an undocumented immigrant?


Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.


I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.