How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need info on death husband passed away

Customer Question

need info on death husband passed away Nov 1
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: how do I find out how much I will get and etc. what do I do.......the funeral home said they would turn this in but we would have to do the REST
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: I do not guess
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

I am sorry about your loss. You need to make an appointment at your local social security office. The one time death benefits is $255 but you may be eligible for surviving benefits (benefits based on your late husband's records), if you are 60 or older (50 or older if disabled or any age if you are carrying for your child/children).

You can find your local social security office here: