How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 12035
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was my original payment amount correct, they said i was

Customer Question

was my original payment amount correct
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: they said i was penalized for not paying in for a few years
JA: The retirement accountant's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: where do i go
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: took retirement at 62
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 8 months ago.

Hi. ... My name Lane.


I can help here ... The amount that someone gets when retiring at 62 is 25% less than what ould have been received at age 66 (Full Retirement Age)


If, for example, the amount you were to get at Full retirement (that comes on the statement that they send) is 1500 per month, then the age 62 benefit is (1500 x .75) = 1125


Please let me know if you have ANY questions at ALL, before rating me.


If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating using the Stars on our screen (and clicking submit).

Otherwise I'm not compensated for the time here.




... I have a law degree, with electives in Tax Law, Estate law, Corporate law, and business planning … an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.