annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

I have a couple of questions. I will be 62 in July 2017. I

Customer Question

I have a couple of questions. I will be 62 in July 2017. I am wondering how much my social security would be if I retire in July. Also, how many hours and how much could I continue to earn over and above my social security income? Thanks!
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: Nothing more at this time.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 11 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi

Social Security Admin (SSA) has a website that allows you to see exactly how much your benefits would be if you started drawing at age 62 vs age 66, and the monthly $ amount per month between 62 & Full Retirement Age. Please see below:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

If you choose to work while receiving benefits, as long as you earn less than $15,720, your benefits will not be affected.

If you earn more than $15,720 (for 2016, $16,920 for 2017) then your benefits will be reduced at the rate of $1 for every $2 you are over the yearly limit) . Please see below:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10069.pdf

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge

Thank you for choosing justanswer .

HI

I see that you read my response, but did not yet rate positive.

Do you have any follow up questions I can help you with? Do you need/want more than I already provided you in my answer?

Please remember that we are ONLY compensated for our time and knowledge through positive ratings.

Thank you again for choosing justanswer.