How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask annelew12554 Your Own Question
annelew12554, Social Security
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2439
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
annelew12554 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where can I get a record of my SS payments...I'm applying

Customer Question

Where can I get a record of my SS payments...I'm applying for a program of assistance and they are asking proof income
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Program is requesting proof of income.....I cannot use last years tax return because I was divorce this year and last years combined income tax return will show too much income because my wife (still working) filed jointly.
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 11 months ago.


I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  annelew12554 replied 11 months ago.


When I have to show proof of payment, I ask if they will accept copies of my bank statement showing my monthly SSA benefit amount. This is worked very well for me as most places took this as proof of income, and it was the easiest way to meet that burden of proof.

If whoever you're dealing with won't accept that, then you can go to "My Social Security" and sign up to get your information online from SSA. Please see below:

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer