How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 62 and my husband is, can I receive some of his

Customer Question

I am 62 and my husband is 69, can I receive some of his bennifits now rather then at 66?
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have no other questions
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Is your husband currently collecting any social security benefits?

As long as you husband is collecting his benefits you can apply for reduced benefits at 62. But keep in mind that if you apply for any social security benefits before your full retirement age you will permanently reduce all benefits available to you now or in the future, including your own and spousal benefits. Also if you apply before your full retirement age you will not get to choose, you will automatically receive the highest benefits available to you: your own or spousal.