How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I live in Raleigh; he collects SS. I am

Customer Question

Hi. My husband and I live in Raleigh; he collects SS. I am eligible to draw on his SS as he always made more money than I did. I am now 64. I was going to wait until 66 to do that, but would like to do it now. Can you tell me how to go about that? Thanks.
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If your husband already applied for his benefits you may be eligible for reduced spousal benefits, if higher than your own. There are couple of ways to apply:

- online here:

- by calling 1-***-***-**** or

- visiting your local social security office. \

You can calculate percentage of your spousal benefits here:

Enter your date of birth and when you want start collecting your benefits to get the percentage.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 8 months ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?