How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask keeperumiami Your Own Question
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 7118
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
keeperumiami is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do you know of any agencies or foundations that can help me

Customer Question

Do you know of any agencies or foundations that can help me with my prescriptions?
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have psoriasis, and the meds are all tier 5 or 6. Just got a prescription for Enbrel, 8 shots t
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I have psoriasis and all meds are tier 5 or 6. Just got a script for Enbel, 8 shots, 2 weekly, and it was $415, $50 a shot
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 8 months ago.

A couple of suggestions:

Most states have a program to assist with medications if you qualify; you would need to contact your state's department of public assistance to see if your state has a program that is suitable for your condition.

Another source of assistance is from the Drug Manufacturers themselves. If you go online to your drug's manufacturer's website, you should be able to access their specific program and see if you qualify.

Finally, a program I recently discovered relates to special arrangements certain retailers have with drug companies for certain drugs that are made available under the retailer's own discount program. I recently discovered that a Tier 4 drug that I take myself, with a retail price of $560. a month, and a co-pay of $180. under my Medicare Part D plan while I am in the so-called "donut hole" is available to me or anyone else irrespective of any financial or age qualification criteria, for $25. a month, less than my normal co-pay of $70. a month before being pushed into the donut hole. So that's another source to at least check out to see if there's any similar discount available at your retailer.

The only other possible suggestion involves one-time type assistance that you can access from one of the local charities that assist lower income people generally with expenses when they fall behind. In my area (in MA) there's a local fund run by the Newspaper called the "Cape Cod Needy Family's Fund" which provides that type if assistance. In Boston there's the Globe Santa Fund and others. Most Community Centers have information on how to contact what programs are available to assist with a variety of financial needs.

Steve G.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in..............

I see that you have had a chance to see my response.

Do you have any follow-up questions?

If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way that I will receive my share of the payment you already made to the site. There is no extra charge for providing a rating for me.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.