Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I had to close my bank checking and savings accounts and

Customer Question

I had to close my bank checking and savings accounts and open new ones, so need to change the checking account info at SS so my retirement checks get put into the new account
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Again, my bank accounts were hacked today, so I had to close both my checking and savings accounts and open new ones. Because my SS check is wire transferred to my checking account, Social Security needs my new checking account information as the info you have now is for a closed account as of today, 11-9-2016.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: No I just need you to know the new account info and change same for my Social Security checks to get directed to my new checking account.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

Hi. I can help you .. but first, it's important to know that you are NOT talking to Social Security here ... My name's Lane

...

You can get this done in three ways (My client's tell me, however, that the best and most reliable way is to go to the bank or credit union.

...

They have the forms needed to get the deposit changed right there at the bank.

...

You can also do this by

• Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online
  • and by Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-****
Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

Here's the web site for setting up and changing th account on line:

...

https://www.ssa.gov/mystatement

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at ALL, before rating me.

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate

...

Thanks!

Lane

... I have a law degree, with electives in Tax Law, Estate law, Corporate law, and business planning … an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.