How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask keeperumiami Your Own Question
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 7197
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
keeperumiami is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How or what do I need to do, toget extra help with my

Customer Question

Goodmorning, How or what do I need to do, toget extra help with my medicare payments as I was over paid and now only receive 1439 instead of 1666 per month
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I just filed for medicare with an agent, and its going to cost 121.00 plus 29.00 per month ,I was receiving 1666 per month but I made to much money so I now pay 241.00 a month to pay back 8900.oo I don't have enough money to make my monthly commitment an now it gona cost me 150 more per month
JA: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: alimony 400, car 449, car insur 104, rent 500, phone 60
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 11 months ago.

"Extra Help" is a program administrated by the states with federal funding.

So, to make a formal application you would need to apply through your state's program of public assistance.

However, if you go to "", there is a section where you can fill in your personal information and get an indication if you qualify for the "Extra Help" program.

Also, all states have a program to assist seniors in evaluating all aspects of their health care program and costs. It is called the "SHIP" program. You can find the contact information from your local senior citizens center, from the booklet that all Medicare recipients receive, "Medicare & You". If you Google "SHIP Program" and indicate your Zipcode, you will be able to locate the contact information for your geographical area.

Steve G.