Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Can I draw state disabilty and regular social security at…

Customer Question
Can I draw state...

Can I draw state disabilty and regular social security at the same time ?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am 75 years old and started drawing ss at 70. I at my regular jobwas still working at my regular job until last feb. when I had to quit and have back surgery for an accident that happend back 1988 and I have been drawing state dissabilty since feb. and I am also drawing ss. I have not recovered completely in fact I am getting worse. I also am being treated for cancer and I don't know if I will ever be able to work again.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?

I would like to go back to work if I could, my parents lived past their 90s and my dad worked up until a couple of months before he died

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
11/8/2016
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

At 75 social security benefits would switch to regular old age benefits long time ago so I am assuming you are not taking about social security disability benefits. Yes, you can draw your social benefits in addition to any other pensions or disability payments you may receive. Your disability will not affect your social security benefits.