How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask keeperumiami Your Own Question
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 7119
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
keeperumiami is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone has accessed my ssa in the amount of $261 per month,

Customer Question

Someone has accessed my ssa in the amount of $261 per month, how do I find out who and why this happening?
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I havecontacted the IRS and they are not collecting trhis money since Aug ,2015, yet it is being collected,who is this?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 8 months ago.

First of all, we can't (nor can anyone else) determine what the problem is as due to Privacy laws that protect you, only you & the Social Security Administration (SSA) have access to that information.

As a result you need to contact the SSA yourself in order to inquire about anything to do with your SSA account.

One thing I have seen in the past is that if you owed money to the IRS, once that lien has been satisfied, if you also owed money to a State Tax Department, that could be the problem.

The other issue that sometimes arises is that if you are covered under Medicare & had an increase in your taxable

income in a prior year due to a capital gain or something unusual like that, then your Medicare premium would increase the following year to a figure similar to the figure you are quoting.

These are just possibilities in case you know that you may fall into either of those situations.

However, as I said you need to contact the SSA.

You can do so online at which requires you to set up a "My Social Security" account and then you can find out all sorts of things about your Social Security benefits. However, in your situation you would probably have to make a specific inquiry and wait for an email response.

The other way is to call them, which sometimes is frustrating due to a time consuming "holding" on the phone.

Ironically, if you are in Canada, you may not experience that as there are separate phone listings depending upon where you are located in Canada. Use this link that will give you the number for your are in Canada:

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks very much for using

Steve G.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 8 months ago.


Expert:  keeperumiami replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in..............

I see that you have had a chance to review my response.

Do you have any follow-up questions?

If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way that I will receive my share of the payment you already made to the site. There is no extra charge for providing a rating for me.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.