dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I would like to know my monthly amount if I were to retire

Customer Question

I would like to know my monthly amount if I were to retire in 2017, 20 yrs Civil Service as a GS5 employee. Also, my ex-husband is also newly retired and I would like to claim his, SSAN is *********. Thanks.
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: Nope nothing yet.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is your present age?

2. When will you apply for an ex-spouse benefit from social security (month)?

3. How much does your ex-husband receive from social security at the present time?

4. What is your ex-husband's present age?

5. When will you begin to take your government pension (month)?

6. How much will your government pension be when you take it?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good evening,

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug