How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know my monthly amount if I were to retire

Customer Question

I would like to know my monthly amount if I were to retire in 2017, 20 yrs Civil Service as a GS5 employee. Also, my ex-husband is also newly retired and I would like to claim his, SSAN is *********. Thanks.
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: Nope nothing yet.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is your present age?

2. When will you apply for an ex-spouse benefit from social security (month)?

3. How much does your ex-husband receive from social security at the present time?

4. What is your ex-husband's present age?

5. When will you begin to take your government pension (month)?

6. How much will your government pension be when you take it?


Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good evening,

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.