How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 62 year old woman I started collecting social

Customer Question

I am a 62 year old woman I started collecting social security on my ex husband record I have too many medical conditions can I get disability can I switch from retirement benefits to disability
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i was married for 35 years i divorced him because he was abusive now i am 62 years old with very poor health plus breast cancer history can i get disability instead of early retirement since i don't have any medical coverage through the state i am trying to get disability just tohave medical coverage
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: that's all i have i need to know am i qualified for disability with my ex husband working record they gave me early retirement base on my ex husband working record
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Did you work and contribute to the Social Security system?