How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wish to apply for Social Security Disability. I am

Customer Question

I wish to apply for Social Security Disability. I am presently drawing Social Security of $960.00/mo
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I took early retirement at age 62 and continued to work part time, but due to Right hip problems as well as my Bi Polar disease I am no longer able to work,and can not live on $960.00/mo.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: I have applied for a VA Disability pension in 1986 but have not received a ruling.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You may be eligible for for social security disability benefits if you have not reached your full retirement age yet.

If the social security determine that your disability started BEFORE you applied for your early benefits, your benefits will increase permanently and you will receive retroactive payments back to 62 (difference between what you should have received and what you actually received.

However, if your disability started AFTER 62, your benefits will temporary increase and at full retirement age your benefits will be reduced back to your current benefits. And there will be no retroactive payment.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 11 months ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?