Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am on disability and only get $1,300 a month. This is not

I am on disability and only get $1,300 a month. This is not enough to live on. Can I get SSI snd if so how do I go about applying?

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What are the parameters and procedures for applying for SSI?

OK, unfortunately, when I was posting my lengthy response, you (or someone) decided to close this post, thereby deleting my answer after expending my time.

SSI is only for those with far lower income, unfortunately, so you will not be eligible (its rate is $733/mo), so every unearned dollar one brings in each month, takes away $1 of SSI - bringing you to zero SSI.

Among other things, if I were you I'd go to the LOCAL (state/county located) assistance office (usually where Medicaid can be applied for, as well as food stamps) and inquire as to any current programs they have that you may be eligible for. That is not SS related, which is federal, but state related.

If you nonetheless want to apply for SSI, you can call your local SSA office or the national number at(###) ###-####and ask for an appointment to apply for SSI. Appointment interviews can be done on the phone, for your convenience, so you need not travel to that office.

Good luck.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you aredone. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!