How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My family member needs assisted living care. What are her

Customer Question

My family member needs assisted living care.
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What are her options ?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: she is 72 years old and currently receiving disabilty.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What do you mean, what are her options?


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
would she get any financial help from social security for assisted living, if she has no source of income other than social security.
She needs someone on a daily basis, she can hardly complete normal daily functions .
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.


Thanks for the clarification.

If she qualifies for Medicaid---meaning that she needs to be in a supported living system and has less than $2,000 in assets (except for a car, her furnishings and household items and her home) then Medicaid will pay for her expenses of the assisted living center/nursing home.

All you need to do find the assisted living center where you would like to place her and they will have staff that are experts in qualifying her for Medicaid so that she can move in ASAP.

Social Security does not have a program to pay for assisted living/nurslings homes. That is the province of Medicaid in your state.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.


Is there anything else I can assist you with today?


Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good day,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Stop this service...please no more charges
to my account...