How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently 59 yrs.old. I am curious as to how much

Customer Question

I am currently 59 yrs.old. I am curious as to how much retirement income I would get at age 62 or 65. My social security number is ***********. Myname is Susan **********. My date of birth is *********. JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of? Customer: I ham truly disabled and have applied several times. They say that because I did not file between the years of 2000 and 2005 I am "out of luck" per the agent at the Social Security Office.. I have no idea what any of this means.

Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good morning Susan,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Because I do not have access to your protected social security financial information, while I cannot answer for you directly what your benefit would be, I can certainly explain to you how you can get those answers in about 15 minutes.

If you currently live in the United States you can create your own MySocialSecurity account with the Social Security Administration and get all sorts of information about your account with them.

1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and get a replacement SSA-1099, see your earnings statement,estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

If they are telling you that the reason you do not qualify for social security disability is that you did not file---what they mean is that you did not file a Tax Return with the IRS for those years. You see, in order to qualify for disability, you must be able to show that you worked at least 5 of the last 10 years immediately before you file for disability. If you did not file a tax return, then you would have no proof of having worked. If you didn't file because you were not working, then that is a problem too because you cannot earn social security credits while you are not working.

However, you can easily determine your estimated retirement benefits by going and signing up at the social security site that I provided you a link to.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good day,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,