How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 482
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to change the direct deposit for me ******* from the

Customer Question

I want to change the direct deposit for me Jack ******* from the DOCFCU to BB&T bank (routing;********, account:*********) and my wife *********** from NIH credit union to BB&T bank(ROUTING: **********, ACCOUNT: *************
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 7 months ago.

Dear Customer,

We are a question/answer website service and have no affiliation with the SSA.

You need to contact the SSA to change the direct deposit information. My preferred way is to walk into a local social security administration office.

Otherwise, you may make the request via on-line account or making a phone call to the SSA. The website links and citation below is for your further information.

Please feel free to follow up.



Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

"If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a my Social Security account and start or change Direct Deposit online. You also can sign up at your bank, credit union, or savings and loan. Or call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****)."