Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I received a letter from SS...telling me that I could get

Customer Question
more money if I signed...
I received a letter from SS...telling me that I could get more money if I signed up for my SS the claim number is..###-##-####
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Being a benefit survivor on my husbands SS...It was told I could get higher benefits if I filed under my own SS number
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: How should I do this....sign up with my SS number?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
11/2/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

It is not possible to apply to switch social security benefits online. You can apply to switch benefits either by calling social security at ***-***-****, or by going to your local social security office and applying in person to switch your benefit,

You would be signing up for benefits using your own social security number, yes.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney