How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 16 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with juvenile

Customer Question

my 16 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with juvenile spondyloarthritis in her ankles, knees, hips(with bone erosion in both hips ), spine, neck and jaws. She will be receiving rimicade infusions monthly for at least 2 years, along with several other meds from what drs told me. Does she qualify for some kind of assistance.
JA: The retirement accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the retirement accountant should know?
Customer: She had severe weight loss due to extent of arthritis and is on a high calorie diet. She was recently in the hospital for 41 days, this is when arthritis was discovered.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your daughter's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The only disability benefit that your daughter could be eligible for would be Supplemental Security Income (SSI) which is a welfare benefit and she would only qualify for that benefit if your family is living at or near poverty level.

In case your family is low income, here is a link to the site where you can learn more about applying for SSI benefits for your daughter:

If she is granted SSI, she will also qualify for Medicaid health insurance, in addition to be given a monthly sum of money.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.


Is there anything else I can assist you with today?


Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good day,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,


Related Social Security Questions