How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 482
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As you may know some insurance co's are leaving my state

Customer Question

as you may know some insurance co's are leaving my state (Cal) mine is one of them my ins carrier called me and they said i either need change my insurance. i told them i would use the v a which i have been doing for many years so they said my ins. would be the V A and medicare and the V A and to do this i should change med part B : what should i change it to
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the retirement accountant should be aware of?
Customer: i already am retired have been for 14 years my only question is which my med part of my soc sec. should be
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,

The traditional medicare is the best choice because many insurance companies have much tighter restrictions in qualifying services than the traditional governmental Medicare. I learned that from some service providers. Therefore, it is suggested that you sign up with Medicare Part B.

Please contact the SSA and make sure that you notify them and make sure you sign up for Part B.

"If you have questions or need assistance with enrolling, please visit or contact Social Security. 1-***-***-****"

Also, please make sure you contact VA and make sure your enrollment with VA is taken care of.

The website links below are for your further information. Please feel free to follow up.



Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP