How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 482
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My checking account has changed, can I'm update here?

Customer Question

my checking account has changed, can I'm update here?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,

We are a question/answer on line service.

To update your checking account information for social security direct deposit, contact the following as soon as possible. call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) or visit a local social security office.

Below website links and citation are for your reference.

Please feel free to follow up.


Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

How can I change or sign up for direct deposit for my Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments?

If you already receive benefits and you have a bank account, you can change or sign up for your direct deposit by:

  • Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);
  • Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association; or
  • Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).