How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 62 and have been taking octal security for 11 months. I

Customer Question

I am 62 and have been taking octal security for 11 months. I earned unexpectantly 73000 this year but have ordinary loss to offset the 73000. Do I still pay a penalty?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a large ordinary loss carry forward. I earned consulting income of 73000. I know that I would repay my social security benefit if I did not have a loss carry forward.since I do have the loss do I still owe back to social security?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: That's it. How do I pay for services?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did you mean to write "Social Security Retirement"?

2. Are you self employer? What do you mean you have ordinary loss?


Related Social Security Questions