How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19111
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking for a consultant that can verify that my wife

Customer Question

I'm looking for a consultant that can verify that my wife and I are getting the correct SS payment. I just received letters from SSA that they have paid the incorrect amounts for the pass three years. Can you help?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I'm not disable, but just want help to insure the gov't is making the correct calculations.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to read about the notice that you received. However, we do not have access to the Social Security Administration's database to figure out your earnings and the amount that you would receive. Only Social Security Administration has this information. So, you need to go to the local office of Social Security Administration and speak with a Claims Specialist who would review your record and tell you why you received the notice and whether the notice is correct or not. If the notice stands, then you need to request for waiver of any overpayment that you would be assessed.

Goodluck with your case,

Related Social Security Questions