TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

I need a copy of my SS benefit award letter for 2916. How

Customer Question

I need a copy of my SS benefit award letter for 2916. How can I get that?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: We are refinancing our home mortgage, and the lender is asking for our official SS award letters for FY 2016. I can't find our letters. Can we get copies? Than you.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Yes, you can get copies of those.

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security (SSI) Income or Medicare, you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account here:

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

You cannot request a benefit verification letter online for another person, such as a spouse or child. You each would need to create an account.

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call us at 1-***-***-****.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response. (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES)

Did you need more assistance?