Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My wife decided to take half of my SS benefits over the past

Customer Question

My wife decided to take half of my SS benefits over the past 2 years, and let her benefits grow until 70. We're both 70 now. She applied for her benefits, but now she is getting push back from SSA, no longer allowing her Medicare benefits or drug coverage. They are now refunding health care premiums/drug plan costs.'
Question: Why is this happening? Is this due to her decision to take a portion of my benefits prior to her applying for SS benefits under her SS number?Thanks Ken
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am waiting for a response. If you don't have an answer, can you refer me to a local lawyer in Dallas that handles SSA issues?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you at least give me an update as to whether you might have an answer or a suggestion for further action.......I didn't expect this to take over an hour. Do you have SSA, Medicare experts on staff??
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Good Morning: I am sorry that you have not received any response to your question until now. Thank you for your patience.

Your wife's election to apply for your benefits first (restricted spousal application) and hers later will not be the reason her Medicare benefits will be denied and the premiums being returned. The restricted spousal application is allowed. She needs to actually go in person to the local office of Social Security Administration with her documents so that a claim specialist would review her record to see exactly what is going on. Only Social Secuirty Administration along with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services can resolve this issue for her. She needs to go in person to the local office of Social Security Administration to get this issue resolved. Calling the SSA's 800# ***** ***** not helpful.

Best wishes,