How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3775
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been retired for a couple years, but recently a job

Customer Question

I have been retired for a couple years, but recently a job opportunity came up that I took, now HOW do I get SSA to stop sending me money each month.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am getting 1747 a month, but my new job is paying me $50 an hour, (2000 a week) so I cannot keep accepting the 1747, do I write them?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No just going back to work, and want to stop the SSA payments
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you are already entitled to benefits, you may voluntarily suspend retirement benefit payments up to age 70 beginning with the month after the month when you make the request.

You can make your request to suspend payments (if you qualify) by calling SSA at 1-***-***-****, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.

Please keep in mind that--

These premiums cannot be deducted from your suspended retirement benefits, or your suspended spouse or ex-spouse’s benefits. If you do not pay the premiums timely, you may lose your Part B Medicare coverage. (You will have the option of automatically paying the bill from an account at your bank or financial institution.)

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 11 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Best regards,