annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

I'm 82 and receive Social Security payments. I assume these

Customer Question

I'm 82 and receive Social Security payments. I assume these payments will continue! Am I correct and if so for how long?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I want to know if I can depend on future monthly payments.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 8 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi William

According to information put out by SSA, (please see below) SSA benefits should continue at least through 2037.

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v70n3/v70n3p111.html

As a person who is currently receiving benefits, my hope is that it will continue indefinitely. Being unable to collect SSA benefits because the program ran out of money is a scary proposition.

If you have found my answer helpful, please take a moment and rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justasnwer.

Your question was in my que that you wanted more information, but if you posted another question, or asked for clarification, it didn't post.

If you had a follow up question, please re post it.

Thank you