How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3173
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am collecting social security and have gone over my

Customer Question

If I am collecting social security and have gone over my maximum income as of Oct. 2016, and continue to work. Will I still get social security in 2017 to start the allowed income I will be 66 in 05/29 ?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I plan to drop to Part time but misunderstood gross income or net income maximum
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Yes, you will but you need to notify social security as soon as possible to make necessary adjustment now so you do not have to deal with overpayment later. Your next year maximum will be much higher and after May you can have unlimited income and your benefits will not be affected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please call me I would like to talk to you regarding this matter
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I am on the east coast and it is after 11pm here but if you like I can call you tomorrow. I leave the request opened in case another expert will be willing to make the phone call tonight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
social security office is difficult to get hold of in person if I do not notify them will they just deduct for Nov and Dec 2016 and then start fresh in maximum and what is it until May2017?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if they know about it. If you don't notify them now they will pay you your regular benefits know and when the employer submit his earnings report next year you will get an overpayment notice. You will have to pay back the difference or your benefits will be reduced until the overpayment is returned.

In the year you reach your full retirement age you can earn $41900 before your benefits will be reduced.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 12 months ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?