Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

One month before I was to start receiving my social security

One month before I was to start receiving my social security payments in November 2013, my husband died. My benefits were changed because of his death. Recently I have been told that my medicare benefit card should have my husbands ss# ***** D on my medicare card. It has my own ss# ***** A on it. Is this correct?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I am just looking to make sure that my Medicare Claim Number is ***** correct one.

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

That's exactly right. If you are now receiving survivors benefits they will mail you a second card (takes some time) that uses your social security number with a D at the end.

...

If you need to use the card you can tell the provider that you now receive survivor benefits and that you should be receiving a new card.

...

They will go ahead and process, then if it comes back to them, by the time it does, you'll have a new card ... and for some medical providers, they can look it up in their system.

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before rating me.

...

And if you DON'T have other questions Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …would be appreciated!

Otherwise I receive no compensation for the work.

...

Thank you,

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, a Master’s Degree, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986