How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need my medicare card A & have confirmation Number

Customer Question

I need my medicare card A & B have confirmation Number 13211766 I was asked to submit My birth certificate as I was born in Germany. Went to social security of this
Morning 150 people deep. How do I do a Certified copy of by birth certificate without
sending my old original?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  taxmanrog replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you! I will do my best to help!

Normally, the SSA and the IRS will not accept a copy of anything, even if it is notarized or otherwise certified. About the only thing that you can do is to send them your original. Alternatively, if you can get the official government agency in Germany to issue an original report of your birth certificate, the SSA will accept that. By original report, I mean a report that they print off, and put their embossed seal or stamp on it.

There is usually a wait at most SSA and IRS offices, especially on Monday. I have found that going either very early in the morning (line up before they even open) or in the middle of the afternoon (2:30ish) on a mid-week day, you will find a shorter wait. Mondays are always bad.

I hope this answers your questions. IF you have any more, please let me know and I will be happy to answer.

Thanks! Have a great week!


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
RogerThank you for your helpJohanna kenyon
Expert:  taxmanrog replied 9 months ago.

You are more than welcome! Feel free to come back and ask for me anytime.