How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19637
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I submitted a SSA 561 with documents to verify that I do not

Customer Question

I submitted a SSA 561 with documents to verify that I do not live my spouse. I was informed that the documents would not change my Income Related Monthly because verification of my filing status was needed. The IRS has previously verified my filing status as married filing separate. Why do I still need to submit returns from 2011 to 2015, Thank you
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't believe so
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Filing status can change from year to year. So, SSA is trying to verify that you indeed filed as married but filing separately for those years also. So, you need to comply with the request for verification of filing status for those years.