Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My disabled daughter receives social security as a disabled

Customer Question

my disabled daughter receives social security as a disabled dependent of a retired person. Can she receive income in addition to this and how much would disqualify her from SS?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: what do you need to know?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: She has been disabled since birth and is an adult now. Not sure what else is needed.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Yes, she can receive income, such as inherit, be gifted, etc. If she is working, such working income will be limited by the typical earnings limit. If she is considering working income, she should really have a thorough analysis of whether that effort could jeopardize the finding of disabled going forward. Also, marriage is largely off limits to her, as that would negate the dependency on you and cause a termination with very limited exceptions.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you aredone. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!